Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

The weather made me do it - that's my story, and I am stickin' with it!!! :)

Once I realized that last weekend's weather was going to be sunny and at least mid 70's, I started to bug Jason about taking our crew to the pumpkin patch. I slowly wore him down, and he actually agreed to go - just the six of us!


Everyone else had the same idea - it was PACKED! I just figured we would slow a few people down, but they could deal (not everyone liked my plan, and several people cut in line in front of us while we waited for the hay ride - seriously people!). Oh well... the bonus was that we unknowingly ended up in line with one of my co-workers and his family (who happen to have a set of twins and a single). They were with a group of people, and they were all super nice and helpful! Because of this, we actually got a whole family shot - not to bad for an impromptu (thanks Missy!!!).
All four kids were somewhat perplexed at the hay ride, but ended up loving it. They had great fun tossing the hay and watching it fall - we ended up with a few stray pieces tucked in their shirts. Easton actually fell asleep on the ride back to the farm area!

We were dropped off at a large pumpkin patch. Gianna would not give up on this pumpkin. She tried for quite awhile to pick it up - she is determined!
We started walking, but the vines caused quite a problem for the babes - more than a few face plants :) I was so happy that we were able to score a wagon - one of the biggest helps to make our time a success! I am sure the wagon is supposed to be strictly for pumpkins, but...shhhh... it helped us avoid a few meltdowns!
Easton loved rolling this one in the parking lot, and thought he was pretty cool when he realized he could actually carry it!
They also had a great farm/activity area. There were pumpkin rides, horses for riding, a hay area for pictures, farm toy area... Quin was happy to show off her love for MSU!
We were able to go through a barn with a variety of farm animals. The calf was so happy to see Easton and Quin - he kept reaching his head through the fence to lick them! There were also large and small sized horses, and piglets - so cute!
The true reason why I think Jason agreed to go - donuts and cider!!! So yummy! Easton and Quin both loved them, Gianna tolerated them, and then there is Ms. Ellery... she is so picky (I am sure my parents think that is my payback!). She barely touched the donut - gave it right back to me! Oh well... more for the rest of us!
I was so hoping to get a cute fall picture of the four kids on our porch. No such luck! Ha, ha!
I am so glad that we took the risk and ventured out! Watch out world - you may be seeing more of us!!!

No comments: