Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

We spent Saturday celebrating Easter with my family, so we just hung out at home on Sunday. Unfortunately, the babies are still unable to go to crowded places because of the germ factor so we were unable to go to church. It made for a strange day, but we enjoyed spending time with just the six of us.

Quin is still a little young for decorating eggs, but we thought it would be fun to try. Jason and I try to spend quality time with just the three of us, so that she doesn't feel like we have completely deserted her! I think she had fun, although I don't think she understood why we were decorating eggs and then looking for them (not that I really do either).

Quin loves sparkles and glitter, so I bought an egg decorating kit that was supposed to make our eggs 'sparkle'. When I bought the kit I didn't realize that it included paint, instead of your typical dye. It had paint, with glitter mixed right in. In the end, it worked out for the best. I am sure she would have wanted to help dip the eggs and we would have ended up with a tie-dyed counter! She was in heaven. When she concentrates really hard, she sticks her tongue out. I love it :)
She had a ton of fun finding the hidden eggs, and was actually very good at it. The Easter Bunny will have to give her more of a challenge next year.

Here is Ms. Grumpy Pants! She was just a little upset that there weren't more eggs to find. It was all better when she realized that she could peel the eggs herself and eat the inside.
I also thought it would be adorable to get a picture of the four kids with some Easter headgear. Didn't quite work the way I had envisioned. This is the best pic of the three babes - tells you a lot right there. Quin has an adorable flower headband, but she wouldn't keep it on long enough for me to get a picture of her wearing it, let alone lay next to the babies with it on. Oh well... we will try again next year :) I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend.

1 comment:

happyab said...

Adorable pics! Love the Grumpy Pants picture! So cute. I am so happy their eye appointment went well and Gianna is tether free!